A weekend away is here and we are off to visit my boyfriends sister in derby, I thought it would be rude of me not to take some home bake goods. Also, I have missed baking due to working full-time and not really having the chance to bake as much as I was. I think the best time of day to bake is first thing in the morning, the smell of baked goods puts a giant smile on my face.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 g butter softened
- 75 g caster sugar
- 50 g light muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 100 g chocolate chips milk or plain
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/gas 5. Lightly grease 3 baking trays.
- Measure the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat thoroughly until evenly blended. Add the vanilla extract to the beaten egg then add a little at a time to the butter and sugar mixture beating well between each addition.
- Mix in the flour and lastly stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon large teaspoons of the mixture on to the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on the top shelf for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Keep a close on eye on them to make sure they do not burn. Leave the cookies to cool on the trays for a few minutes then lift off with a palette knife or fish slice and place on a cooling rack.
Originally, I was going to make 100 out of cookies as a Thank you to all my followers but I decided that I just wanted to make some nice and simple cookies. The cookies turned out super soft and chewy, the smell of fresh cookies that even my mum could not resist taking some to work for a snack.