I have been thinking about doing these brownies ever since I made that Mint Overload Cake. I still have loads of mint chocolate left and wanted to use it for a recipe instead of just eating it all.
I find brownies hard because I always seem to burn them no matter how hard I try. I watched these ones like a hawk to make sure they came out at the right time.
I did enjoy the smell of these brownies when they were cooking. I could smell the mint all through the house.
I’m so glad that I finally made these brownies, it was so worth it. These brownies were perfect, they had this crispy top but the centre was super gooey.
Mint Chocolate Brownies
- 195 g unsalted butter
- 195 g milk chocolate chopped up
- 3 large eggs
- 275 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- 90 g plain flour
- 35 g Cocoa Powder
- Mint Aero Bubbles
- Mint Matchsticks
- Mint Aero Bars
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C/Gas mark 4 and line a 9″ square baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt together the Butter, and Dark Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Leave to the side to cool to room temperature.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk together the eggs and caster sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar. You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing.
- When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate mix over eggs, add the peppermint essence and fold together carefully. Don't fold it to quickly as you don’t want to knock out the air.
- Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again.
- Once combined, fold through the Mint Aero chocolate and mint matchsticks and pour into the prepared tin. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes! Once baked, leave to cool in the tin.