I have never made rocky road and I like that this recipe didn’t need to be baked in the oven. Traditional rocky road is normally milk chocolate however, I wanted to shake things up a bit and use white chocolate.
I added a mixture of different eggs to this recipe as its Easter and I wanted to take advantage of the millions of little eggs that are in shops. I used mini eggs, m&m eggs, milkybar eggs and smartie eggs on the top of the rocky road.
This is no traditional rocky road but it was just as good as normal rocky road. I have to say I think I might like it better than normal rocky road.
M&M's Eggs Rocky Road Fridge Cake
- 300 g white chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 125 g golden syrup
- 100 g Rich Tea Biscuits
- 30 g Popcorn Sweet and Salted
- 80 g M&M's Eggs
- 75 g Rice Crispies
- Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking parchment. Melt the chocolate, butter and syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of just simmering water, stirring frequently until smooth
- Remove the chocolate from the heat, then stir in the vanilla, biscuit rubble, popcorn, rice crispies and raisins. Mix well until everything is well coated in the chocolate.
- Transfer to the tin, packing it in and smoothing over the surface. Press the M&M's Eggs into the top in rows of five (so that there's an egg for every one of 25 bites), then scatter over the sprinkles, also lightly pressing them in.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before cutting into 25 squares.