As you can see this week I have gone all Spanish, I think its all this nice sunshine. I have always been a desert type of person so if I go out for dinner it does not matter how full I am after my main, ill always look at the desert menu. One thing I do like as a desert is Churros which are Spanish doughnuts. They are always good and satisfy my sweet tooth. I decided that with all this sunshine I was need of some good churros. I hunted the internet for a good recipe and found one that I had good reviews.
The thing with churro recipes online is that there are many different recipes some that have eggs and some that don’t therefore you have to just try the recipe and see what you think. I found the recipe to work for me and give me churros that I wanted.
- 250 ml water
- 2 ½ tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 litres oil for frying
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to the boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep-frying pan to 190 C. Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on kitchen paper.
- Combine 100g sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Thanks for reading, follow me on Twitter/Instagram