I do the healthy options more for my sister-in-law and my boyfriends mum as they are both doing slimming world and I always feel bad for taking round cakes that they won’t eat because it isn’t healthy. Therefore, I wanted to make something that they could both enjoy without feeling guilty.
I got the idea to do blueberry muffins way back in January, as it was my boyfriends’ birthday and I made him American style blueberry pancakes on his birthday. I had leftover blueberries and I got wondering about what I could make with them.
These blueberry muffins are small but mighty. The recipe only makes six but I made two lots so I could give 6 to each person. These muffins are 3.5 syns per muffin.
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 100 g plain yoghurt
- 6 tbsp sweetner
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees/ gas mark 4. Place muffin cases in a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Then in a different bowl, add the yoghurt, eggs, vanilla and sweetner then mix until fully combined.
- Once the wet mixture is combined, add that to the flour and fold in. Then fold in the blueberries. Add the mixture to the cases, until about half full
- Bake for 30 minutes. Leave the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the tray then lift out the cases onto a cooling rack.