My boyfriend loves peanut butter and jam sandwiches, he has them most days for lunch. I decided it was time to incorporate these flavours into something.
This recipe is made in the microwave so no need to heat your oven up ready for this one. There is only one thing I make in the microwave and that is syrup sponge so will be nice to use it for something else.
Brownies in the microwave? Well I have less chance of burning them if they are in the microwave. I like making the brownies in the microwave because you do not have to stand around for ages waiting for the brownies to be done.
These brownies are so quick and easy to make and within 45 minutes you have edible brownies. You could make these if in a hurry and want something quick but yummy.
I used crunchy peanut butter if you prefer smooth peanut butter then you can totally use that instead. I add a lot of jam to the top to make sure you could taste it because once it has been baked the jam will melt into the top of the brownies.
I really enjoyed making these brownies and even though I was concerned that they would not cook properly in the microwave they came out great.
My boyfriend said these hit the spot and everyone in my house enjoyed them.
Peanut Butter and Jam Brownies
- 75 g Unsalted Butter
- 50 g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 egg
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 50 g Plain Flour
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 5 tsp Jam
- Grease a 15cm/6in microwaveable dish and line with cling film.
- Add the butter and peanut butter to a microwavable bowl and cook for 30 seconds until melted.
- Remove from the microwave and stir thoroughly. Leave to cool slightly then add the egg and stir in.
- Sieve in the cocoa powder and flour then tip the sugar in. Mix until it forms a thick sticky paste. Tip into the microwavable dish.
- Make holes in the top of the mixture and add the jam. Place in the microwave and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy.