Warning…they contain alcohol. You can make these ice lollies without the rum and just add an extra 50 grams of watermelon instead. I love daiquiri cocktails, they are my favourite. When I saw this recipe on pinterest I know I had to try it out. I had two use to ice lolly moulds as I have loads of mixture left. The green moulds and the umbrella moulds came from amazon. I add the sieve step in because I thought I had maybe missed a few seeds in the watermelon so just wanted to double check.
Watermelon and Lime Daiquiri Ice Lollies
- 75 g caster sugar
- 110 ml lime juice fresh
- 900 g watermelon flesh
- 150 ml white rum
- 75 ml water
- 2 tbsp caser
- Heat the sugar gently in a saucepan with water until dissolved, then bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute. Set aside to cool, then stir in the lime juice.
- In a blender, whizz the lime syrup with the watermelon until very smooth. Add the rum, to taste, but go carefully and don't add to much rum as this will prevent the lollies from freezing.
- Sieve the mixture to make sure you don't have any seeds or lumps in the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between 8 lolly moulds and freeze them until fully frozen. 2 hours at least
- To serve, run the moulds under warm water for a few seconds until easy to release.
Totally loved making these and it was nice not to be standing next to a hot oven in this hot weather. My mum was begging me for two days to make these because she wanted one so badly, she hated the wait but said it was totally worth it.