I am a biscuit and tea wrapped up in bed under my duvet reading a book kinda girl and I love a good bourbon biscuit.
I have been thinking about these brownies for a long time and I have no idea why it took me so long to make them because now that I have I found my new favourite brownie.
This brownie recipe is my gluten free recipe and is the recipe I use all the time for my brownies no matter what.
There are bourbon biscuits all the way through these brownies, so in the mixture, layered in between the brownie mixture and ofc on the top of the brownies.
This recipe can be adapted to your favourite biscuits so if you’re an oreo fan or even something simple like ginger nuts would work in this recipe.
I didn’t do this but wish I had and that was once I have baked them, I had added a chocolate drizzle across the top of the brownies.
Bourbon Biscuit Brownies
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 175 g Unsalted Butter
- 325 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 130 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 30 g Cacoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 600 g Bourbon Biscuits 3 Packets - half crushed up
- 150 g Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees, 325F, gas mark 3. Line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper. Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and use an electric whisk to whisk together until the mixture is pale and has doubled.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water leave until all melted and leave to cool.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, pour half into the egg mixture then incorporate. Once incorporated, add the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Once the egg and chocolate is all incorporated add the plain flour and cacao powder and folder these in until all incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips and about 150g of the crushed bourbon biscuits and fold these into the mixture.
- Pour half the mixture into the tin and spread it out. Then add some whole bourbon biscuits to the top of that mixture then pour the rest of the mixture on top of the biscuits and spread out,
- Add some whole bourbon biscuits to the top along with some crushed biscuits. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until flaky on the top but still soft in the centre.
- Once, the brownies are cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for five minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool fully.