Easter is coming which means MINI EGGS!! I love mini eggs and defiantly over indulge on these at Easter.
I have been seeing lots of mini egg cookies on Instagram so wanted to jump on this trend with my own take on them.
I used a both mini eggs and the mini egg chocolate bar in these cookies because you can never have too many mini eggs.
These cookies are super soft and chunky which in my opinion is how a good cookie should be. I would recommend using two baking trays because the cookies do spread.
These cookies are so yummy slightly warm when the chocolate is still gooey but be careful cause the chocolate could still be hot and burn your mouth.
These cookies will defiantly be apart of my Easter table and I might even stock pile mini eggs so I can make these cookies all year round.
I hope you all have a great Easter.
Mini Egg Cookies
- 100 g Butter
- 100 g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 200 g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 bar Mini Egg Chocolate Bar Chopped up
- 50 g White Chocolate* Chopped up
- 50 g Mini Eggs crushed up
- Preheat oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Chop up the mini egg bar and white chocolate into chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and sugar. Cream until fully incorporated. Then add in the flour and mix again until incorporated.
- Crush up Mini Eggs in a small cellophane bag using a rolling pin. Then add the chopped up chunks and crushed mini eggs to the dough stir in until they’re evenly spread through the dough.
- Roll out golf ball size pieces of dough and pop onto the baking tray. Pat down a little to flatten and leave about a 2cm gap between each cookie as they’ll grow.
- Before putting the cookies in the oven, push a few whole Mini Eggs into the tops of the cookie dough.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 mins until golden. Leave to cool.