I know I have been a bit quiet lately that has been due to exams and just having some downtime. I am back in the kitchen now and cannot wait to bake all the things I have been thinking of for the ages.
It is finally time to add my favourite biscuits to a cupcake. My favourite biscuit is a bourbon cream, I can eat a whole packet without thinking about it and I love dipping them in a cup of tea.
I love adding biscuits to cupcakes, you get the best of both worlds in my opinion. I have two other lots of cupcakes with biscuits. The first was the jammy dodger cupcakes and the other is cookie cupcakes.There are bourbon creams mixed all the way through these cupcakes just to make sure you can really taste the biscuit.
I used a big packet of bourbon creams for this recipe but depending on how much bourbon you want in your cupcakes.
I did not make chocolate buttercream because I like being able to see the biscuit in the buttercream. You could make chocolate buttercream if you would prefer. These cupcakes may not be pretty but it doesn’t have to look good to taste great.
I enjoyed this cupcakes so much when I sat down to have one with my cuppa after a busy day tiding up. Also, want to give a big shout out The Cake Decorating Supplies for the pink fluff backdrop these cupcakes are sitting on.
I got some awesome backdrops from them for my birthday and cannot wait to test them all out. I would recommend there backdrops as they are all wipe down and come in three different sizes.
I hope you all enjoy these cupcakes and I will defiantly be making some more biscuit cupcakes again.
Bourbon Cream Cupcakes
- 125 g butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 50 g chocolate
- 5 bourbon creams
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 300 g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp milk
- 5 bourbon creams
- 12 bourbon creams (to decorate)
- Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees/Fan 160 degrees/Gas 4. Put muffin cases into a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Measure your butter and sugar into the bowl and cream together until fully incorporated. Add each egg and mix until both are combined.
- Sieve your flour and baking powder in to the bowl and then mix until fully incorporated then add the vanilla extract and milk until mixed in
- Melt some milk chocolate in the microwave then pour into the cake mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Crush up 5 bourbon creams then mix until the cake mixture. Fill each cupcake case until about ¾ full then place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a minute on a cooling rack then remove from the tin and place on cooling rack until fully cooled
- Beat the butter for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Crush up the bourbon creams up in a bag until they are in small chunks.
- Sieve the icing sugar a bit at a time until it is all fully incorporated, Then add the vanilla extract and milk until all mixed in.
- Pour the bourbon crumbs and chunks into the mixture and using a spatula mix the it all together.
- Using a knife, spread the buttercream on the top and add another bourbon biscuit.