In my last recipe I said I make biscuits for my team at work but I also add some shortbread to my little parcels.
I think shortbread is such a good recipe to make and I love a good shortbread biscuit.
I always just do nice simple shapes when making my shortbread and go for either round or a little flower cutter.
Shortbread can be eaten all year round but at Christmas everywhere you go there are big tins of shortbread being sold.
I think shortbread is the perfect and quick homemade gift any time of the year.
I think homemade gifts are always nice because it shows the length you have gone through.
- 125 g butter
- 55 g golden caster sugar plus extra to finish
- 180 g plain flour
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
Thanks for reading. Follow me on Twitter/Instagram