My boyfriend said to me one day, had I tried the square chocolate chip shortbread that you get from Tesco. I said no I hadn’t but is that what he wanted me to make next? He was like that is a great idea, I cannot wait to try some.
I love shortbread but I’m defiantly more of a traditional shortbread kind of girl but am willing to try different shortbread. I used a 7cm square cookie cutter on these shortbread but use whatever cutter you want because they are your shortbread.
I will openly admit that these might be my new favourite shortbread as they did smell amazing when they were cooking. They were super tasty, and everyone really enjoyed them.
Shortbread with Chocolate Chips
- 360 g Plain Flour
- 250 g Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 110 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 g Chocolate Chips Milk or Dark
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until fluffy. Fold in the flour then using your hands press the dough together then add in your chocolate chips,
- Using a cutter (your choice of shape), cut the shortbread and place them on the baking trays about 3cm apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Leave on the tray for about 1 minute then transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool.