This cake has come about as a friend at work asked me if I would make a cake for his mum for Mother’s Day.
I have done some carrot cupcakes before but not a big carrot cake. I was excited to make a big cake as I don’t do them very often and getting to do one that I probably wouldn’t do was good.
When I delivered this to my friend at work, he was excited to give it to his mum on Mother’s Day. I hope wish every mum out there had a great Mother’s Day.
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 100 g carrots
- 2 bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 150 g light muscovado sugar
- 150 ml oil
- 200 g cream cheese
- 75 g icing sugar
- 50 g butter
- Pre-heat oven on gas mark 4 then grease and line a 30 x 20cm rectangular tray.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix them together until fully incorporated. Add the mixture to tray and tap the tin lightly on the side to level the mixture.
- Put in the oven for 50 minutes but keep checking on it. Once cooked all the way through, remove from the oven and leave in the tins for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn out on to a cooking rack and leave to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, mix the butter, cream cheese and icing sugar together until incorporated. Then spread the mixture on top of the traybake.