This recipe came about because I had seen a recipe called No Bake Malteser Slice which I loved the look of. However, when I looked at the recipe I decided I didn’t want a biscuit base.
I started thinking about what kind of base I would like and I decided that coco pops would make a good base instead of biscuits.
Maltesers are just so good that they deserve to through all of this recipe. I used small bags as it was all I could find in Tesco but probably two sharing bags would be enough for this recipe but add as many as you like.
The maltesers do lose there chocolate when added to the warm coco pop marshmallow mix but the middle just adds another something to the coco pops.
You will need a thick layer of chocolate on the top of this so that the maltesers stick to the top. You could use any chocolate you like if you don’t like milk chocolate that much.
These squares just melt in your mouth, you get the soft chewy bottom mixed with the hard chocolate on the top and it is just a great combination.
You could use anything chocolate in these recipe instead of maltesers if you don’t like maltesers.
Maltesers Coco Pop Squares
- 10 Big Marshmallows
- 50 g Butter
- 150 g Coco pops
- 500 g Milk Chocolate
- 10 Small Bags of Maltesers
- Line 20 x 30cm tin with some greaseproof paper. Melt butter in a saucepan until fully melted.
- Add the marshmallows to the saucepan, turning down the heat to low. Keep stirring until it has melted fully.
- Take the pan off the heat and add in the coco pops. Stir the coco pops in until fully incorporated then add about 5 bags of Maltesers into the mix.
- Turn the malteser coco pop marshmallow mix into the tin and press it down until it covers the bottom of the tin.
- Leave this mixture to cool for about an 1 hour. Then once cooled, melt the chocolate and pour over the coco pop layer until fully covered. Then add the rest of the coco pops to the top of it and leave to set.
Thanks for reading. Follow me on Instagram