Easter is upon us and while we are all having some down time over Easter, why not treat yourselves to some good cupcakes topped with little Easter nests on.
We all love a good Easter nest and a good cupcake so I decided it was time to combine the two.
I know traditionally Easter Nests are made with cornflakes but I had some coco pops so decided to use them instead.
I also did make the nests differently…I made them more like coco pop bars. I used marshmallows in the nests as I thought it would be easier to shape them into the nest shapes.
I made simple vanilla cupcakes but you could make your favourite cupcake if you prefer. I think chocolate cupcakes would be good as you could pretend its mud. .
I made some green buttercream which I added to the top of the cupcake for I put the nest on the top as I wanted it to look like it grass.
I loved the end result of these cupcakes and it made me happy to see how they had come out.
These will look great in the middle of my Easter table. I hope you all have a good Easter.
Easter Nest Cupcakes
- 125 g Butter
- 125 g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 125 g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 50 g Butter
- 10 Big Marshmallows
- 125 g Coco Pops
- Mini Eggs
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 300 g Icing Sugar
- Green Food Colouring
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees/Fan 160 degrees/Gas 4. Put muffin cases into a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Measure your butter and sugar into the bowl and cream together until fully incorporated. Add each egg and mix until both are combined.
- Sieve your flour and baking powder in to the bowl and then mix until fully incorporated then add the vanilla extract and milk until mixed in.
- Fill each cupcake case until about ¾ full then place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a minute on a cooling rack then remove from the tin and place on cooling rack until fully cooled.
- Melt the Butter in a saucepan then add the Marshmallows and cook over a low heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat before stirring in the Coco Pops. Add some grease proof paper to a tray
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop a ball of the mixture on to the tray. Use the end of spoon to shape little nests.
- Leave to set until your ready to assemble your cupcakes.
- Beat the butter for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy,
- Sieve the icing sugar a bit at a time until it is all fully incorporated, Then add the vanilla extract and milk until all mixed in.
- Add the green food colouring to get a grass like colour.
- Fill a piping bag with buttercream that has a grass nozzle then pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Once buttercream has been piped onto the cupcakes then add the nests on top and fill with mini eggs.
Thanks for reading. Follow me on Instagram