Well now you heard right…millionaire cookie is a thing and oh what a beautiful thing it is!
It’s just like millionaire shortbread but the bottom layer is a buttery soft chocolate chip filled cookie instead.
I have done my basic cookie recipe here but that does not mean its not packed full of flavour and jammed packed with chocolate chips.
The cookie needs to be buttery and soft just like shortbread is on millionaire shortbread.
After the cookie has been cooled, top it with the thick lovely caramel. The caramel should be warm but not boiling hot as this will mean it takes longer to set.
The caramel needs to be nice and thick when you pour it on to the cookie base as that will insure it sets well.
- 200 g Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 200 g Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 350 g Self-Raising Flour
- 200 g Chocolate Chips
- 397 g Condensed Milk
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 200 g Milk Chocolate
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line an 8inch square tin with greaseproof paper.
- Measure the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat thoroughly until evenly blended.
- Add each egg one at a time until each are incorporated. Mix in the flour then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, tip them into the tin and spread the cookie dough out until its an even layer across the bottom of the tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes but make sure to check it often to ensure it doesn't burn. The base should be a light golden colour.
- To make the caramel, place 100g butter or margarine, 100g light muscovado sugar and two 397g cans condensed milk in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, then reduce the heat and simmer very gently, stirring continuously, for about 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Pour over the shortbread and pop into the fridge until it is fully set.
- Melt 200g of milk chocolate slowly in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Pour over the cold caramel and pop back in the fridge until fully set. Once set, cut into slices,