Made an Easter cheesecake to take with me to visit some family over the Easter weekend. I love making cheesecake, it is one recipe I make every Christmas.
This is a recipe I have not tried before but I saw it on Instagram and thought I would give it ago.
Mini eggs just scream Easter to me and what could be better than combining them with Flake which just melts in your mouth.
You can use any biscuit you like for the base, I just wanted a little bit more chocolate in this cheesecake.
The combination of flake and mini egg just works so well in this cheesecake. I love how the top of this cheesecake looks just like a little nest which just adds this extra easter feeling to this cheesecake.
Mini Egg and Flake Cheesecake
- 300 g Chocolate Digestives Crushed
- 100 g Unsalted Butter melted
- 400 g Cream Cheese
- 100 g Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 6 Flakes Crushed
- 150 g Mini Eggs
- Crush the digestives in a freezer bag until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then remove from heat. Alternatively melt in a microwavable bowl for 30-45 seconds in the microwave until JUST completely melted.
- Add the crushed biscuits and mix so that they are completely covered with the melted butter
- Mix the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until well combined.
- Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until peaks are forming and then fold together with the cheese mix until well combined.
- Completely crush two of the flakes until they are almost like dust and fold into the cream/cream cheese mix. Break up the other two flakes into random bits and, again, fold into the creamy mix.
- Spoon the whole mix over the biscuit base and spread evenly over using the back of a spoon.
- Decorate the top with about 20g of Mini Eggs and 2 crushed up flakes. Put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!!
Hope you guys all had a nice Easter, this cheesecake went down really well with the family.