Made an Easter cheesecake to take with me to visit some family over the Easter weekend. I love making cheesecake, it is one recipe I make every Christmas. This is a recipe I have not tried before but I saw it on Instagram and thought I would give it ago.
Mini Egg and Flake Cheesecake
- 300 g chocolate digestives
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 400 g cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 300 ml doub
- 4 flakes
- 100 g mini eggs
- Crush the digestives in a freezer bag until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then remove from heat. Alternatively melt in a microwavable bowl for 30-45 seconds in the microwave until JUST completely melted.
- Add the crushed biscuits and mix so that they are completely covered with the melted butter
- Mix the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until well combined.
- Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until peaks are forming and then fold together with the cheese mix until well combined.
- Completely crush two of the flakes until they are almost like dust and fold into the cream/cream cheese mix. Break up the other two flakes into random bits and, again, fold into the creamy mix.
- Spoon the whole mix over the biscuit base and spread evenly over using the back of a spoon.
- Decorate the top with the Mini Eggs however you wish. Put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!!
Hope you guys all had a nice Easter, this cheesecake went down really well with the family.