My boyfriend has been bugging me for ages to make something with Oreo’s as he loves them but I’m not a great lover. I decided I had not done a cheesecake in a while so why not finally do a cheesecake with Oreo’s. I cut the cheesecake in half and gave some to a friend of mine as she wanted some too.
- 24 Oreos
- 60 grams butter melted
- 400 grams cream cheese
- 120 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 Oreos chopped
- 400 ml double cream
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Scoop the crumbs into a mixing bowl, and the melted butter, and mix until are of the crumbs are moistened.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper, scoop the mixture into the pan, and firmly press it down into one even layer. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake filling. Before making your cheesecake, chop up the Oreos for the cheesecake.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the the icing sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Pour the double cream in a separate bowl. Start mixing on low speed, then increase the speed to medium-high until the mixture thickens and stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and gently fold it in or mix it in on low speed with your mixer until just combined. Then, fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Remove the spring form pan from the refrigerator, scoop the cheesecake filling onto the crust, and carefully spread it around into one even layer. Then add your remaining Oreos to the top of the cheesecake. Cover tightly and transfer back to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove the no-bake cheesecake from the pan, slice and enjoy!
One thing I would change about this recipe is maybe a thicker base just to make the cheesecake more proportional but otherwise it was enjoyed by both my boyfriend and a good friend of mine. A pack of Oreo’s has about 15 Oreo’s in it.