Every year I make biscuits for my team at work and of course this year is no different.
In the past I have done Chocolate Biscuits and Vanilla Biscuits which are lovely but not very christmassy and can be eaten all year round.
These spicy biscuits have such a festive feeling to them.
The dough for this biscuits always makes lots so be prepared to have lots of biscuits. The amount of dough is great because I only have to make one batch and it does all the biscuits I need.
This dough is great because you can chill it if you have time but is ready to use immediately if you just want to get them made.
These biscuits can be iced as well and are super tasty with royal icing on.
These biscuits went down a treat with everyone on my team at work and I did enjoy making them.
I used Christmas cutters but you can use any cutters and ofc depending on the size of your cutters will depend on how many biscuits you get out off the dough.
- 170 G golden caster sugar
- 170 g salted butter
- 170 g golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 520 g plain flour
- 80 g self-raising flour
- 1½ tsp Mixed spice
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees/gas mark Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Put the sugar; butter; golden syrup; egg and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed for 3 minutes, until there are only small lumps of butter visible, then turn the speed of the mixer up to medium for 1 minute to reduce the size of the butter lumps.
- Sift both types of flour and the mixed spice into the bowl and mix on a low speed for 1 minute, or until combined, then turn the mixer up to medium speed for 30 seconds, or until the dough clings together and the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface. Divide into two and squash into even flat discs. Cover with cling film and chill or use immediately. Roll out the dough to an even thickness and cut out your biscuit shapes
- Carefully pick up each biscuit with a palette knife and place onto the lined trays. Space the biscuits out evenly.
- Place the trays into the preheated oven and back for 20 – 30 minutes (check at 20 minutes).
- When the biscuits are evenly cooked and just beginning to turn a golden colour, remove from the oven and transfer the whole sheet of greaseproof paper to a cooling rack.