One recipe that is always requested by my boyfriends mum is Cheesecake, when I asked what she wanted for Christmas she said the only thing she wanted was Cheesecake.
When I was a poor student, I couldn’t afford gifts but always wanted to give my boyfriends parents something. As a result, I decided I would make them something and when I asked what they liked, my boyfriends mum automatically said White Chocolate Cheesecake therefore I was making them cheesecake.
My boyfriend used to buy me the ingredients then I would make them a cheesecake as my present to them even though my boyfriends presents to his parents are always joint.
It has come a tradition now for me to make a white chocolate cheesecake for them. I have to say I love-making this cheesecake because it is always so good.
White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 200 g white chocolate
- 300 g cream cheese
- 150 ml double cream
- 40 g butter
- 150 g digestive biscuits
- Put the biscuits into a bag and use a rolling pin to crush the biscuits until you have a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter until it's a liquid. Then stir into the biscuit crumbs until well mixed.
- Then press the biscuit mixture into a 20cm/8in springform cake tin.
- Melt the white chocolate in a pan of boiling water until melted, leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese and double cream in a large bowl, until it is soft. Gently fold in the slightly cooled, melted white chocolate.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed together, add the mixture to the top of the biscuit base.
- Smooth the mixture then cover the tin with cling film and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- When your ready to serve grate some white chocolate over the top for decoration.