I have called this my a bit of everything rocky road as you can put anything in it that you like.
It’s January which means everyone has an abundance of chocolate in their house after Christmas and if your like me then you want to find a way to use it up a bit quicker.
Rocky road is something you can completely make your own and add any ingredients you like. I used chocolates from a box of heroes and some quality street.
Rocky road is a simple recipe and you can get all the kids involved to help you and make a good Saturday afternoon activity.
I added some extra topping once I had put the mixture in the tin because you can never have too many mini marshmallows or chocolate.
A Bit of Everything Rocky Road
- 100 g Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Biscuits
- 100 g Digestive Biscuits
- 135 g Butter
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 150 g Mini Marshmallows
- 150 g Chocolates Heroes and Quality Street
- Line a 18cm rectangle tin with greaseproof paper. Chop the chocolates up into chunks and crush the biscuits in a freezer bag until the pieces are the size of a 20p.
- In a large saucepan melt 135g butter, 200g dark chocolate and 3 tbsp golden syrup over a gentle heat stirring constantly until there are no or almost no more lumps of chocolate visible, then remove from the heat. Leave to cool.
- Take the biscuits, 100g mini marshmallows and the chocolate chunks and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely covered.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners. Chill for at least 2 hrs then dust with icing sugar and cut into 12 fingers.