Something completely new for me…..this recipe comes after sitting at my boyfriends chatting to him about what I was going to bake over the weekend.
He said something light and not stodgy but healthy so that maybe his mum could have as she has gone back on to Slimming World. I thought light? really I’m a baker but I don’t know how to do light. I was like I can do healthy but I don’t know what to make.
My favourite tool to use when looking for recipes is to sit on the floor crossed leg with my recipe books all around, flicking through each one until something pops out at me but I’ll admit none of my books include healthy Slimming World recipes however my mum has some Weight Watchers books so I had a flick through and this recipe caught my eye however I don’t personally like Banana’s but I thought maybe they would be tasty in a cake.
I used a Loaf Tin for this recipe but if you don’t have on then you could just use a normal round or square tin. I didn’t use baking parchment to line this tin as a friend got me some 2lb tin liners which were really useful. This recipe was smelling amazing while it was cooking so I did try some and it was really nice. You cannot taste the banana in this bake so if you’re not a lover of banana’s then your safe with this recipe. This recipe is 6 syns on Slimming World.
Banana and Chocolate Chip Loaf
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1½ Bananas ripe
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Coconut Oil melted
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 30 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs large
- 160 g Plain Flour
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 and line a loaf tin with a loaf tin liner.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana and then whisk in the melted butter (or coconut oil), maple syrup and vanilla essence and then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips then pour the mixture into the lined tin.
- Bake in the oven for approx 40 mins, until a wooden skewer inserted in the centre, comes out clean. Allow to cool and then slice and serve.