January is an odd month, everyone is trying to be healthy after Christmas and trying to stick to their New Year resolutions. It is hard to be healthy when there are still sweets and chocolates in the house because I can’t just have one so I end up having a whole bunch.
I thought how can I use up all these chocolates that doesn’t mean I will be eating it all then I remembered that I watched a video of a girl using all her Halloween candy in some brownies she was making. Brownies….chocolate on chocolate well yes please!
I’ll admit I didn’t get the Toblerone for Christmas but I had lots as my boyfriend brought it in the airport when he was coming home from Zurich in September last year. He brought me two massive bags of small Toblerones, bag of white and milk chocolate.
This recipe is a good one if you want to use up left over chocolate, you can just swap the Toblerone out for any left over chocolate you have in the house.
- 200 g butter
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 550 g toblerone
- 90 g plain flour
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 275 g caster sugar
- Put the oven on gas mark 4/ 180 degrees and then line a 9inch tin with grease proof paper.
- In a bowl over a saucepan of hot water, melt your butter, chocolate and 150g of toblerone until completely melted then remove of the heat and leave to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and caster sugar until pale and has doubled in size. Then fold in the melted butter and chocolate mix until completely incorporated.
- Then sift in the flour and cocoa powder again until it is incorporated then fold in the leftover toblerone chunks. Pour in to the lined tin and put in the oven for 30-35 minutes**.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool then cut into squares then enjoy!
I won’t sit here and tell you that this recipe is healthy because I would be complete liar but I will tell you that it is totally worth it as the Brownies are lovely. **Depending on your oven, the brownies may take slightly longer so just keep checking on them and once a skewer comes out almost clean and are no longer wobbly then your good to take them out the oven.
One thought on “Toblerone Brownies”
The Toblerone brownies were exceptional, you should bake them again!