On my previous post, I told you a brought some mulled wine icing sugar so guess what this will be about?
Mulled wine cupcakes of course! I would like to say there is actual mulled wine in these so they are good for the kiddies too.
The cupcakes are a nice red colour to make them look a little bit like mulled wine but I went for a nice white buttercream. The buttercream could be snow and we all like a glass of hot mulled wine on a cold day.
Again I went for little candy canes as a decorative item in these cupcakes. I really enjoyed making these cupcakes and the mulled wine icing sugar smells incredible.
Of course you could add actual mulled wine if you wanted to give a more adult feel to these cupcakes but I made these for a bake sale so thought it best not to add actual mulled wine.
These cupcakes felt like a good way to start off all my Christmas baking.
Mulled Wine Cupcakes
- 200 g butter
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Tbsp Mulled Wine Icing Sugar
- ½ tbs ½bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g butter
- 200 g icing sugar
- 200 g Mulled Wine Icing Sugar
- Candy Cane Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees and fill a cupcake tray with paper cases
- Add the butter and caster sugar into a mixer and mix until incorporated
- Add each egg one at a time until they are both incorporated
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and icing sugar into the wet ingredients then mix until incorporated. Then add a few drops of red colouring to get a deep red colour then mix until fully incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture into each of the cases then bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the butter until it's light and fluffy then add both icing sugars a little at a time until it's all incorporated.
- Then add to a piping bag with a star nozzle on and pipe the icing on top of the cupcakes. Once finished add the little candy cane sprinkles.