This cakes came around because of the mini chocolate chip cakes you can get in the supermarket which I love and I thought well I must be able to recreate these.
These ones are definitely nicer than the shop brought ones and were so nice while they were slightly warm.
Everyone knows by now that chocolate chips are added to all my recipes by my own determination and these cakes should be jammed pack with chocolate chips.
The cakes are cute, light fluffy and are super easy to make and can get the family involved in making these.
Now if you don’t have a mini loaf tin and don’t want to invest in one (I do recommend though) then just use a normal cupcake tin which will just give you round cakes instead of rectangle cakes but they will still taste great.
Chocolate Chip Mini Loaf Cakes
- 200 g Self-Raising Flour
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 150 g Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 3 Eggs
- 100 g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat the oven on gas mark 4/160degrees fan. Line an eight hole mini loaf tin with baking paper or mini loaf cases.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fully combined. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Sieve in the flour and icing sugar into the wet ingredients then fold in gently until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir in until combined. Spoon a spoonful of the mixture into the loaf tin until filled about 3¼. Then place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes to cool then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.