Lemon drizzle is such a favourite in my household and whenever I ask my boyfriend what he wants me to bake and his answer always lemon drizzle.
So I was thinking one day about what to bake to take with me to a friends bbq and I had this idea for lemon drizzle muffins.
The mixture for these muffins is filled with lemon zest and juice because you cant ever have enough lemon.
There is even a little surprise in the middle of the muffins just to ensure that lemon flavour is all the way through these muffins.
These muffins will become a household hit before you know it and you will be making them every weekend.
Lemon Drizzle Muffins
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 125 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Lemon Zest and Juice
- 1 tsp Sicilian Lemon Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 175 g Natural Yoghurt
- 100 g Butter
- 1 tsp Lemon Curd
- 1 Lemon Juice and Zest
- 150 g Icing Sugar
- Pre-heat oven on gas mark 5. Line a muffin tin with muffin cases. Sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar into a bowl and mix together. Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Add the lemon juice, extract and eggs into a jug then add enough yogurt until you have about 300ml of liquid then mix together. Add the melted butter and wet ingredients and add them to the dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula to mix all the ingredients together until combined, once combined stop mixing so that the mixture is not over worked.
- Then fill each case about three quarters full then add about a teaspoon of lemon curd to each cupcake.
- Then add a little bit more mixture to cover the lemon curd. Put them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the muffins are cooked, leave them in the tray for about 5 minutes to cool then move them to the cooking rack.
- Add a little bit of lemon juice to the icing sugar until you have a thick but runny consistency. Then add a spoonful to the top of each muffin once they have cooled a little.