I love that there are so many different types of cookies. I made these on a lazy Sunday afternoon when I was busy sorting out my baking cupboard and I came across a bag of oats.
These cookies were so tasty and went down a treat after a Sunday Roast. My brothers kids enjoyed these.
Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 64 g butter
- 64 g soft light brown sugar
- 64 g caster sugar
- 128 g plain flour
- 160 g oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper
- Cream the butter and two sugars then add in the egg and beat vigorously until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, oats and baking powders together then add to the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Then add the chocolate and vanilla extract then mix until fully incorporated then roll into 2cm balls and space about 5cm apart on the baking trays.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden in colour. Once cooked, place them on a cooling rack until cool.