I love that there are so many different types of cookies. I made these on a lazy Sunday afternoon when I was busy sorting out my baking cupboard and I came across a bag of oats.
I like making cookies because they are so simple but they always taste amazing once they are cooked. I also love the smell of cookies when they are baking. I’m sure I have said this many times.
I would suggest keeping an eye on these while they are in the oven as they cook quickly which means they can burn easily. These cookies were so tasty and went down a treat after a Sunday Roast. My brothers kids enjoyed these.
Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 64 g butter
- 64 g soft light brown sugar
- 64 g caster sugar
- 128 g plain flour
- 160 g oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper
- Cream the butter and two sugars then add in the egg and beat vigorously until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, oats and baking powders together then add to the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Then add the chocolate and vanilla extract then mix until fully incorporated then roll into 2cm balls and space about 5cm apart on the baking trays.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden in colour. Once cooked, place them on a cooling rack until cool.