It has been a long week this week, I was away last weekend so no baking happened. This week at work has kept me busy so only a quick batch of cupcakes.
My brothers dog died this week which was heartbreaking for them. I went round today and wanted to take something yummy for them.
I have never made anything with nutella before but have wanted to make something with it for a while. I didn’t like nutella growing up but in recent years I have learned to love nutella.
These cookies went down with my brothers little monsters and brought a smile to their faces. It was nice to get back in the kitchen today, always puts my a smile on my face when I bake.
- 115 g butter
- 90 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 210 g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 100 g nutella
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add flour and baking soda and beat until combined. Add Nutella and beat VERY briefly until cookie dough is swirled but not completely mixed through.
- Take 1.5 tablespoons of the cookie dough and roll into balls and place on baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely then enjoy.