Oh rolo, I feel like these have become unloved chocolate over the years but in my opinion you cannot beat a good rolo.
These brownies are jammed packed with rolos and homemade caramel sauce.
I made my own caramel sauce to go in the middle of these brownies to add another extra to these brownies.
I used the BBC Good Food recipe but I won’t lie I wasn’t a massive fan on the recipe as it does not give another detail on what happens when the sugar dissolves.
I used a lot of rolos in these brownies, I added some to the tin before I added the brownie mixture as this is a good way to add more flavour to brownies.
I added a caramel drizzle to these brownies because I actually like adding drizzles to some of my bakes recently as I feel it brings them up a level.
- 130 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 30 g Cacao Powder
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 175 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 325 g Caster Sugar
- 7 Packets of Rolo's
- 100 g Chocolate Chips Milk or Dark
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees, 325F, gas mark 3. Line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and use an electric whisk to whisk together until the mixture is pale and has doubled.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water leave until all melted and leave to cool.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, pour half into the egg mixture then incorporate. Once incorporated, add the remaining chocolate mixture..
- Once the egg and chocolate is all incorporated add the plain flour, vanilla extract and cacao powder and folder these in until all incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and 2 packets of rolos and fold these into the mixture.
- Pour half the mixture into the tin and spread it out. Then add some whole rolos and some caramel sauce to the top of that mixture then pour the rest of the mixture on top of the rolos and caramel sauce and spread it out,
- Add some whole rolos to the top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until flaky on the top but still soft in the centre.
- Once, the brownies are cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for five minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool fully.
- Once cooled, drizzle some more caramel sauce over the top of the brownies and take some more rolos and add them to the top of the brownies. Cut up and enjoy