I was out shopping with my boyfriend and I was chatting about what to make on my day off as I had to take my car to the garage. He said he would like a crumble so I said what do you want in it…answer Apple and Blackberry crumble.
I’m not a cooked fruit person so crumble is not my thing at all but when I get a request for something then I will always do it. I did make two crumbles and I used different recipes because the first recipe I used said to cook the crumble before hand but something didn’t seem quite right to me.
Making two crumbles was also a good idea as lots of people wanted to some crumble. Everyone who had some of this crumble, said they enjoyed it. My boyfriends dad said he was disappointed because I didn’t provide a little jug of juice that comes from heating the fruit up. He did enjoy it though.
- 120 g Plain Flour
- 60 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 60 g Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 50 g Porridge Oats
- 450 g Bramley Apples peeled and cubed, about 4 apples
- 50 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 150 g Blackberries
- 30 g Unsalted Butter
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Add 60g unsalted butter, then rub into the flour using your fingertips to make a light breadcrumb texture. Then add the porridge oats and fold in.
- Stir in the apples and cook for 3 mins. Add the blackberries and ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, and cook for 3 mins more.
- Cover, remove from the heat, then leave for 2-3 mins to continue cooking in the warmth of the pan. Add the fruit compote to an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the warm fruit then put in the oven for 15 mins.