Two biscoff recipes in the same week. Well I was thinking about what else to bake this week and for some reason I kept coming back to Biscoff brownies.
Biscoff is known as Cookie Butter so your getting two things in one in my opinion as your getting a little bit of cookie topping a brownie which just sounds amazing.
The caramelness of the Biscoff really complements the dark chocolate in these brownies. It takes little bit of the bitterness that you get with dark chocolate.
if you wanted to add something else to these brownies then you could add some white chocolate chips and make these double chocolate chip brownies with biscoff.
I did not add chocolate chips because I did not have any to hand and I thought the biscuits mixed into the mixture was enough and did not need chocolate chips.
I went overboard again on the Biscoff spread and loaded the top of these brownies with so much Biscoff spread to make sure you can taste it in every bit of this brownie.
These brownies just smelled amazing the minute they started baking and I could not wait to cut into and have a big slice. I added some Biscoff biscuits to the top once I took the Brownies out the oven.
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 4 Eggs Medium
- 275 g Caster Sugar
- 90 g Plain Flour
- 35 g Cocoa Powder
- 150 g Lotus Biscoff Biscuits Chopped
- ¾ jar Lotus Biscoff Spread
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan, and line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the Dark Chocolate with the Butter and leave to cools lightly whilst you make the rest of the brownies!
- Whisk together the Eggs and Sugar until really thick and mousse like - it will double in volume, be a lot paler, and leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing when done!
- Fold the Chocolate/Butter mix into the Eggs/Sugar mix carefully - don't deflate the eggs by being careless!
- Add in the Plain Flour and Cocoa Powder, and fold that in as well. Then add in the Biscoff Biscuits, fold through, and pour into the tin.
- Using two teaspoons, spoon dollops of Biscoff Spread onto the top of the Brownies.
- Bake the Brownies in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until baked through.
- Leave the brownies to cool fully in the tin!