A weekend away is here and we are off to visit my boyfriends sister in derby, I thought it would be rude of me not to take some home bake goods.
Also, I have missed baking due to working full-time and not really having the chance to bake as much as I was. I think the best time of day to bake is first thing in the morning, the smell of baked goods puts a giant smile on my face.
The smell of cookies when they have come out the oven is amazing and is one of my favourite smells. I also think a good cookie should be loaded with lots of chocolate chunks because biting into a melted chip is the best.
I used milk chocolate chips in these cookies but you could use any chocolate you like or even add all three types of chocolate and have super chocolatey cookies.
The cookies turned out super soft and chewy, the smell of fresh cookies that even my mum could not resist taking some to work for a snack.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 g butter softened
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 100 g chocolate chips milk or plain
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/gas 5. Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
- Measure the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat thoroughly until evenly blended. Add the beaten egg.
- Mix in the flour then stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon large teaspoons of the mixture on to the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on the top shelf for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Keep a close on eye on them to make sure they do not burn.
- Leave the cookies to cool on the trays for a few minutes then lift off with a palette knife.