My boyfriend has been asking me to do these for him since I made him that Oreo Cheesecake. I love cupcakes because they are just small perfect cakes in my opinion. These cupcakes have like a cheesecake frosting.
Oreo’s have been a round for a while but in the last few years they have become quite popular. I don’t like oreos because of the dark chocolate biscuit but I do like the idea of a double package as in a cupcake and a biscuit at the same time.
These cupcakes like most cupcakes are simple but pack great flavour. The cream cheese topping is so good I have to say, it reminds me of the oreo cheesecake. Its also my birthday this week so I made a few extras of this recipe so I could take some to work and they were a huge hit.
- 200 g plain flour
- 40 g Cocoa Powder
- 280 g caster sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 80 g butter
- 240 ml whole milk
- 2 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 Oreo Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 170C/160 fan. Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Put the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and butter in a large bowl and mix until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a separate jug, then slowly add half into the flour mixture, and beat well to get rid of any lumps. Gradually add the rest of the milk mixture whilst mixing until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the paper cases, making sure they are equally full (about two-thirds). Bake the cakes in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Whilst the cakes are cooking, smash up 6 Oreos in a bag and set aside. Whisk the butter, cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Then, gently fold in the Oreo Crumbs.
- When the cakes have cooled, pipe the icing onto the cakes and use any left over Oreos to decorate.
One thought on “Oreo Cupcakes”
These cupcakes are SO delicious! Absolutely to die for – I loved them. 🙂