This recipe came about my pure accident really. I went to buy some ingredients from the shop for another recipe but could not get a tin of condensed milk so I thought I would try the shop on my way to bus stop when I finished work.
When I returned to work, one of the girls I work with asked me if I needed anything from Tesco so I asked if her to pick me up a can of condensed milk if they had it.
Anyways, she returns without condensed milk but with evaporated milk. She thought they were similar obviously I told her they were not but I said I could defiantly find a recipe for the evaporated milk.
I googled recipes with evaporated milk and this was the first one to pop up and I liked the sound of it so I decided to give it ago.
I used both normal marshmallows and mini marshmallows because the mini ones are good for the top of the fudge but you could cut the normal marshmallows up if you prefer.
This fudge uses both dark and milk chocolate and I won’t lie normally I would just use milk chocolate instead of dark because I don’t like dark but it works in this fudge.
Marshmallow Chocolate Fudge
- 70 g Butter
- 300 g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 125 g Evaporated Milk
- 225 g Marshmallows
- 300 g Milk Chocolate Chopped
- 75 g Dark Chocolate Chopped
- 100 g Mini Marshmallows
- Grease an 8inch square tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a pan over a low heat and melt gently
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the marshmallows and turn up the heat and boil the fudge for 5-6 minutes.
- Take the pan of the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Leave for a minute, then stir the mixture together until everything is melted.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and leave to set for a couple of hours.
- Once set, remove from the tin and cut in squares.