This recipe came about my pure accident really. I went to buy some ingredients from the shop for another recipe but could not get a tin of condensed milk so I thought I would try the shop on my way to bus stop when I finished work. When I returned to work, one of the girls I work with asked me if I needed anything from Tesco so I asked if her to pick me up a can of condensed milk if they had it. Anyways, she returns without condensed milk but with evaporated milk. She thought they were similar obviously I told her they were not but I said I could defiantly find a recipe for the evaporated milk.
I googled recipes with evaporated milk and this was the first one to pop up and I liked the sound of it so I decided to give it ago.
Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
- 70 g butter
- 300 g soft light brown sugar
- 125 g evaporated milk
- 225 g marshmallows
- 300 g milk chocolate
- 75 g dark chocolate
- Grease an 8inch square tin and line with greaseproof paper. Put the butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a pan over a low heat and melt gently.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the marshmallows and turn up the heat and boil the fudge for 5-6 minutes.
- Take the pan of the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Leave for a minute, then stir the mixture together until everything is melted.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and leave to set for a couple of hours. Once set, remove from the tin and cut in squares.