Taking a little trip so decided that I wanted to make a little car journey snack! Cookies, are a good. They are full of chocolate and quite an easy recipe. Again, I’m using a Mary Berry recipe from the Mary Berry Bible I used in the last post. This recipe makes about 36 cookies. This recipe went down not only with me and my boyfriend but also the girls from work. These chocolatey cookies are good if you are craving chocolate. I made these on a Thursday and was still eating them on the Sunday, they still tasted really yummy and fresh.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200 g plain chocolate 39% cocoa solids
- 50 g butter
- 397 g condensed milk
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 65 g milk or white chocolate buttons
- Lightly greased 3 baking trays. Break up the chocolate and gently melt it along with the butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Stir in the condensed milk then take it off the heat and cool.
- Mix in the flour and the chocolate buttons and chill the mixture until firm enough to handle. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Fan 160 degrees Gas 4.
- Place large teaspoonfuls of the mixture spaced well apart on the prepared baking trays. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes. The cookies should still look soft and will glisten. Don’t overcook them as they soon become very hard. Carefully remove the cookies with a palette knife and cool on a wire rack.
The chocolate buttons on the top are not necessarily needed but I had some spare so decided to use them up so that they did not got to waste. Before transferring the cookies to a container make sure the button on top is completed hard otherwise the cookies will stick together.
Let me know if you try this recipe and enjoy 🙂