I got the idea for these when I was buying some rice krispie bars at Tesco and thought actually instead of buying a box that I could make them and get more for my money. I do like these bars as they are a good little snack and lately I seem to be seeing similar kind of bakes being made that have candy in or are decorated by candy.
I will defiantly be making these with some candy maybe after using leftover Halloween at the end of October. These bars were a nice little bake on a quiet rainy Sunday. I left mine to cool for about an hour but it is totally up to you how long you leave them to cool. I decided to a mixture of both white and milk chocolate but it is up to you really.
Marshmallow Rice Krispie Bars
- 50 g butter
- 200 g marshmallows
- 150 g crisped rice cereal
- 150 g white chocolate melted
- Butter a rectangular tin ready. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well blended. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using grease proof paper, press mixture evenly and firmly into the buttered rectangular tin. Cut into rectangular bars when cool.
- When the bars have cooled down, melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan. Once the chocolate is melted take the cut up krispie bars and dip the bottom of each bar in the melted white chocolate and leave to set.
I really enjoyed making these and could not wait to try them. They were perfect little addition to my lunch also my brothers kids loved these when they popped in on that quiet Sunday afternoon which turned out to be not that quiet.