This weekend I’m off to visit my family and was thinking about taking a little treat with me and no one can resist these lovely little clouds of heaven.
I wanted to do these meringues nice and colourful and don’t get me wrong not all of the are as colourful as the above picture but they were all different which I actually loved instead of them being all uniform.
I absolutely loved the ways there turn out because its been so hot lately that I was worried that may play a factor but actually they turned out amazing. Making these defiantly has made me more confident with meringue so I can’t wait to do more.
- 3 Egg Whites
- 300 g Caster Sugar
- Blue Food Colouring
- Pink Food Colouring
- Green Food Colouring
- Preheat the oven to gas ½, 130°C, fan 110°C. Line 2 baking trays with either parchment on or a silicone mat.
- In a bowl, add the egg whites and sugar then hand whisk the two together until the are incorporated.
- Using a stand mixer (if you have one) whisk until the mixture is white and stiff*.
- You will need a piping bag with a star or round nozzle for each colour. Using a small paintbrush, apply three stripes of colouring gel to the inside of the piping bag, from the nozzle to the opening.
- Fill with meringue mixture and pipe kisses on the trays.
- Bake for 40 mins, swapping the shelves half-way to ensure both trays cook evenly. Leave to cool completely before packaging up.