I have been thinking about doing these brownies ever since I made that Mint Overload Cake. I still have loads of mint chocolate left and wanted to use it for a recipe instead of just eating it all.
I find brownies hard because I always seem to burn them no matter how hard I try. I watched these ones like a hawk to make sure they came out at the right time.
I did enjoy the smell of these brownies when they were cooking. I could smell the mint all through the house. I’m so glad that I finally made these brownies, it was so worth it. These brownies were perfect, they had this crispy top but the centre was super gooey.
Mint Chocolate Brownies
- 175 g Unsalted Butter
- 200 g Dark chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 325 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Peppermint Essence
- 130 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 30 g Cocoa Powder
- Mint Aero Bubbles
- Mint Matchsticks
- Mint Aero Bars
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees, 325F, gas mark 3. Line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and use an electric whisk to whisk together until the mixture is pale and has doubled.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water leave until all melted and leave to cool.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, pour half into the egg mixture then incorporate. Once incorporated, add the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Once the egg and chocolate is all incorporated add the plain flour, peppermint extract and cacao powder and folder these in until all incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and the Mint Aero chocolate and mint matchsticks and pour into the prepared tin.
- Pour half the mixture into the tin and spread it out. Then add some whole bits of mint chocolate then pour the rest of the mixture on top.
- Add some whole chunks of mint chocolate to the top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until flaky on the top but still soft in the centre.
- Once, the brownies are cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for five minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool fully.