I’m still using up the fresh fruit I brought because I think I may have picked too much. I made these cookies to take to my brothers when I went for dinner last week.
These cookies were very simple to make but were delicious once cooked. You could smell the fruit the entire time these cookies were in the oven.
You do not necessarily need to use raspberry and strawberries in these cookies, you could blackberries if you prefer.
I decided white chocolate would go better with these cookies because I think white chocolate pairs better with fruit.
I made my cookies quite big as I used an ice cream scoop to get them on the tray so if you wanted more cookies then just use your hand to get small balls.
These cookies are very soft, I was concerned they were not cooked properly but they were. If you prefer a crunchier cookie then defiantly leave these in the oven longer.
My sister in law and the kids could not wait until after dinner to have one of these cookies.
Everyone enjoyed these cookies and come on you do feel a bit healthy because of the fruit.
Raspberry Strawberry and White Chocolate Cookies
- 150 g Raspberries
- 150 g Strawberries
- 150 g Butter
- 160 g light brown soft sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 g plain flour
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100 g white chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with the back of a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Break in the egg, strawberries and raspberries (see cook's tip tip below), and beat until combined.
- Sift the plain flour and bicarbonate of soda into a separate mixing bowl and mix in the salt and chocolate, then stir into the butter mixture until combined totally.
- Spoon equal portions of the mixture (about a heaped dessertspoon) onto two greased baking trays, allowing space for the biscuits to spread whilst cooking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden, swapping the trays over in the oven if they are on different shelves. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.