Muffins are always better when they are filled with nice big chunks of white, milk and dark chocolate. The liquid in these makes them super light and moist.
Absolute and utter heaven for me is a good triple chocolate muffin. You can buy them in every supermarket, coffee shop and bakery – yet they are so easy to bake at home and taste better than shop brought ones. These muffins are beautiful when fresh out of the oven and still warm, or even when they have cooled down and are the day after baking.
These triple chocolate muffins are rich, dense, and extra indulgent thanks to real melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. They’re excellent paired with a cup of coffee in the morning or with milk as an after-dinner treat.
Triple Chocolate Muffins
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 200 ml Milk
- 100 ml Sunflower Oil
- 100 g White Chocolate Chopped into Chunks
- 100 g Dark Chocolate Chopped into Chunks
- 100 g Milk Chocolate Chopped into Chunks
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C/170C Fan/ Gas Mark 5. Add muffin cases to the muffin tray or grease the muffin tray.
- Add your flour, baking powder, all the chocolate chunks and mix everything together.
- Add your milk, oil, egg and sugar into another bowl and mix together. Then add these to the dry ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients together all combined and there are no lumps of flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin/cases and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Once baked, leave in the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.