I was supposed to be doing a cake for a friend but things have changed. My boyfriend wanted to make me feel better so he asked me to make something for him to take away with him at the weekend. I have a recipe book that I have never used so I had a little look and found a nice triple chocolate muffin recipe that I thought would be great for him to take away.
Triple Chocolate Muffins
- 300 g plain chocolate
- 50 g unsalted butter melted
- 375 g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 350 ml milk
- 200 g white buttons
- Line a 12-section deep bun tin or muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Melt 175g of the plain chocolate, then stir in the melted butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl. Stir in the sugar. Beat together the egg and milk and slowly beat this mixture into the melted chocolate.
- add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, then the remaining chopped chocolate and buttons.
- using a large metal spoon, fold the ingredients together until only just combined. divide the mixture among the paper cases. bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 6 for 20-25 minutes until well risen and just firm.
I have noticed lately that I do not always follow the recipe so I thought I would follow this recipe.